In Facebook, you may have created a page and decided to assign a username to which will be an easier to remember and event when sharing to others but unfortunately, you come across a pop-up with a message this page isn’t eligible to have a username.
You may try all your best to solve this error but with no success. It is not clear why Facebook displays this message as they do not provide an alternative of what one should do or should one wait for a certain period of time before adding a new username or what conditions should one fulfill so that the page is eligible to have a username.
In this article I will show you how to fix the error, this page isn’t eligible to have a username by following a few steps that we will highlight below. To achieve this, ensure you have another Facebook account from another user whom you can feel free to give access to your page.
To begin, the screenshot below is the error popup that is displayed when you try to add a username to your page
To solve, this you will need to assign another Facebook user whom you trust be an admin of your page.
To assign this user admin privileges for your page, you will need to invite him to this request
To do this,
- On the left sidebar, scroll down to settings and open it
- Click the page roles link to open it
- In the page roles section, you will need to type the name of this Facebook user in the assign a new page role input section. Please note that this user must be on your friend’s list.
- Once his name pops up, you will need to select him
- Next, you will select the role of Admin
- You will then click on add button
- You will be asked to type your Facebook password for Facebook to verify that you are the owner of the account.
- Type in your password and click submit
- Once you do that, you will have sent a request to the Facebook user asking him to be an admin of your page.
- In the existing page roles section, the status of the user will be pending and you can cancel the invitation if you added the wrong user.
- Next, the user will have to confirm this request on his account by opening the notification in his account
- Click accept on the invitations page
- Now this user will be an administrator of this page and can control the page as he wishes
- Still, in the user's account, open the page now
- On the homepage of the page, just below the title of the page, there is an option to create a username
- Click the create username link and add your desired username. A modal will pop up and a section to add the username will be visible.
- Add the username to this page and click somewhere outside the input area. Facebook will check whether the name is available for use. If available a green checkmark will be displayed showing that the username is available for use.
- Click create username button
The username will be created and now the page can be accessed using the username added.